Las Vegas, one of the most famous cities in the US and also the most populous city in the Nevada, is a hot spot for drugs. The good news is that there is ready help for all the people that are suffering from addiction in the state.
There are rehab centers spread all over the state but most of them are in Las Vegas. Treatment centers in Nevada follow the principle that addiction is not something that happens all of a sudden. They view it as a complex process that is gradual and alters brain chemistry.
Because drug and alcohol addiction is a disease according to rehab professionals, they believe that it can be treated through proper medical care and attention. If the patient is severely affected by the addiction then they will be treated as an inpatient. Rehab professionals offer treatment depending on the individual case of each patient.
The addiction treatment process is not very easy because some substances that are highly abused have no known antidotes. You should conduct research on rehab centers so that you can choose the most suitable one.
The facilities are available in varying costs and locations. Luxurious drug abuse rehab facilities are very expensive. There are also some treatment centers that offer free services for people who cannot afford to pay for treatment.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Options
- Residential Treatment – In this case, treatment is offered while the patient resides at the facility as an inpatient.
- Drug Testing – This aims at evaluating the level of damage done to the organs and systems.
- Cognitive Therapy – This therapy aims at addressing the psychological changes that result from abusing drugs or alcohol.
- 12-step Treatment Programs – These are especially effective in the treatment of alcohol addiction.
- Counseling – This aims at addressing the psychological side-effects of drug abuse that include anxiety, depression, tension panic, and suicidal thoughts.
- Behavioral Therapy – This aims at taming the behavioral changes that take place because of the addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- Outpatient Care – In outpatient care, the patient can undergo treatment from his or her home. The patient will attend treatment during the day and return home in the evening.
- Detox Centers – Detox aims at getting rid of drug and alcohol toxins in the blood. Before the treatment is over the patient may be subjected to several detox procedures.
- Support Groups – Patients that have undergone treatment now offer support to those who are currently undergoing treatment. You can join one or several support groups and you will benefit greatly.